Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I did

Thank you for input on the letter I wrote to the Captain.

It is now two days since the undocking, and it appears my old injuries were
affected more than I thought. I am feeling pain on a fairly regular basis
in my hand, wrist and up to my shoulder.

So I decided the Captain needs to address this. I sat down and spoke with
him. He reminded me right away that the 3rd Mate is in charge of operations
on the stern during docking and undockings. He glossed over all the
communicaiton issues. I got the feeling that if the 3rd Mate ordered me to
take a bullet, I was expected to stand up and get shot.

However the Captain did say he would consider what I wrote and think about
it. I think that means the letter is in the garbage and I am up the creek.
We will see over the next couple days if he or the 3rd mate says anything.

I did get one consession out of him. He admitted to me, that the line could
have been wraped up on the gypsy head and the line could have piled up on
deck, no human on our end needed to touch it until it was all on board.

That however, does not make my hand feel any better.

Thank you again. I realy cannot wait to get home and enjoy a little time
with my Stephanie. Sweetheart, I love you and miss you and I need a
hug....!! :)

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment