Sunday, March 22, 2009

Missing Stephanie

It appears that email is a non-priority on this ship. I have an out going
email sitting in the computer that has languished there for almost 24 hours.
I am guessing the captain only uploads and downloads email once a day. I am
a little disappointed about this, I want to hear badly from Stephanie, she
should have by now had surgery on her knee and I want to know how she faired
and how she is feeling. I miss her already.

I am beginning to wonder how I can continue this kind of work. I thought
being away from home would be hard on Stephanie, but truth be told, it may
very well be tougher on me. I don't like being this far away from her at
all. At home when we are not together at very least I can speak to her on
the phone.

It looks for now that I will not see much of Japan on this voyage. The
launch schedule is incompatible with my work schedule, so I will not make it
to shore until we dock. When we do dock the cargo we are loading is pretty
easy and may get loaded fairly quickly, so I am unsure if I will have much
time to go ashore even then. This is probably a good thing though. I have
been on vacation for a long time, and I should probably avoid spending my
money right away. But I do hope to go have some of that great spicy noodle
soup I had the last time I was here. I wish I could remember what they
called it, but I will find it.

The crew is pretty good; so far the entire deck crew seems to be congenial
and decent workers. Once we are underway again, rumor has it that Sunday's
is poker night. I can't wait to get their money :-)

Well it is 5:40 am on Monday here right now. It should be about 1:30 pm on
Monday back at home. I will go add this entry to the email system right
away. I think the captain does the email thing right before breakfast.

I hope everyone at home is doing well. I have no way of knowing if these
entries I am sending are getting posted to the blog, or if facebook is
pulling them. Let me know if any of you readers are getting these. Oh and

sorry if you are reading them LOL… I know it can't be easy ;)

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment