Sunday, July 26, 2009

Conversations with the crew

Conversations with the crew.

Chief Cook: What would you like?
Jesse: I'll take two chili dogs.
Chief Cook: Would you like chili on those?
Jesse: Yes please, chili is one of my favorite parts of a chili dog.
Chief Cook: Okay.

----------------------------------------------
In Greenland

AB: Where are these people from?

Jesse: Denmark

AB: What do you call people from Denmark?

Jesse: Humm, not sure. Hey you suppose the cook left any "Danishes" out to
snack on?

AB: You're nuts, they never serve those.

Jesse: Yea, I know.

AB: Maybe Denmarkians...

Jesse: Yep, that has to be it. Look at that guy over there; he's been
working like a dog. He looks like a Great Denmarkian.

AB: You must be tired

Jesse: Why do you say that?

AB: Because you're not making any sense today.

Jesse: I know, sorry about that. Think I'll go below and read a little
Hamlet.

AB: Ok man, have a good night.

Jesse: Thanks, you too man.
------------------------------------------------------------


Chief Mate: Have you ever been to Mystic Connecticut?

Jesse: Yes, as a matter of fact I once...

Chief Mate: Yea, I went there once, it's a funny story. I was in New York
visiting my Aunt Nelly annnDuh she wanted to go to the Super Center to look
for a TV. Nelly doesn't drive so I agreed I would take her. So anyway I
was driving this Fiat which is really a great car, they got a bad rap you
know. So here I am getting the car a tune up at the service station my
friend Tom runs. Turns out I need to get new plugs so I wind up buying a
new set and Tom goes ahead and installs them for me. Annnduh - so I head
over to Nelly's house; she lives on Long Island. Nelly was a great cook and
she offered me some lentil soup, it was sooo good. So uh, eventually Nelly
gets into the Fiat. I was so glad I got that tune up. Annduh we head out
to the Super center. The Highway was packed; it always is though around
there... Annduuh..

Jesse: (drifting away in thought... Billy Crystal, Saturday Night Live-
"You know what I really hate? When you take an ice pick and slam it into
your ear really hard. I just hate that!")

Chief Mate: ....(laughs) so the TV won't even fit in the car. So I call
Laura Dern, she's a friend of mine, but she isn't the famous Laura Dern, you
wouldn't know her. AnnDuh, anyway she shows up with a pickup. Not a lot of
pick up owners on Long Island you know. Anyway she shows up and we put the
TV in the truck....

Jesse: (lost a mile away in thought..."I wonder what walrus tastes like?")

Chief Mate: So it turns out that Laura ate at this seafood restaurant in
Mystic and it was the best she ever had.

Jesse: Yea, I had a great....

Chief Mate: Yea, annDuh so I made the point to go there someday and check
out the seaport there and try out that restaurant.

Jesse: The old tall ships there are something to see, I got to tour....

Chief Mate: Yea? So anyway Aunt Nelly was wearing these fishnets and she had
a run in the left leg.......

2 comments: