Saturday, June 20, 2009

Panama Canal

Saturday 6-20-09
20:12

Well in the morning on Sunday we will begin our way through the Canal. I
will be on the wheel first for 4 hours, then I will stand by for 2 hours. I
get a six hour break then stand by again for 2 hours then on the wheel for
4.

That is the plan, but we should be through before I need to take that second
standby shift. But we may have to anchor 1/2 way through. We shall see.

The last few nights have been excellent lighting watching weather. The
srikes are so close that the thunder is instant. Some of them have really
rattled the ship. I love a good storm. The seas have been calm though so
no worries there.

Well, untill next time.

Write if you feel like it :)
Jesse

3 comments:

  1. "Aint nothin like it, her shiny machine.
    Got the feel for the wheel, keep the moving parts clean"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds so very cool. Safe sailing my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay safe out there and don't stand right up on deck around that lightning. We want you to come home safely. I do love a good lightning storm though. Happy sailing.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete