Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hot!

Tuesday 06-16-2009

We are currently in waters that are around 95 degrees F. This is causing
our engines to overheat and we have been forced to slow to about 13.5 knots
from 15.5 that we were doing two days ago.

Unfortunatly the engineers have also diverted the cooling system from
cooling the house to cooling the engine. It is very uncomfortable right
now... but hopefuly the change in speed is not enough to change our arrival
date at the Panama Canal.

If all goes to plan I got a sexy chick ready to party with me in VA. I just
need to get there by the 28th :)

The heat is also affecting my computer. I am forced to type now on the crew
computer so I cannot type at my leisure and always have someone waiting
behind me to get on. My laptop has a bad fan and will not stayed powered
on, which is probably a good thing. I will have it looked at when we arrive
back east.

I hope everyone is doing well back home. If the heat lowers enough and my
computer will stay on, I will write more about the crew and the ship.

Take care and don't forget to send me any interesting news...

Jesse

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I have enver been anywhere that has water that warm. It sure puts the coastal waters here to shame. Or maybe not, with the uncomfortable conditions you are in. Hang in there. I hope you make it in time for your date in VA.

    I just finished my last day of school so I get to have 8 weeks off. We accepted an offer on the house we are trying to sell so now I have the job of trying to get everything out of there in the next week. Then, we are off to Austin, Texas for a week so that my son Jacob can compete in the Taekwondo National Championships and try to maintain his title. I am hoping that some relaxation will happen in there somewhere.

    I miss seeing your daily posts on Facebook. I am hoping that your voyage is going well. My thoughts are with you.

    Warmly,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete