Friday, August 14, 2009

Update

Well, it looks like I may be able to get off the ship in Rota, Spain. It
will be a close call however. We recently got a cargo list of what we are
picking up. Turns out we only have about 35 pieces of cargo. This will
only take a couple hours to load, then we sail.

Right now it looks as if we will be tied up to the dock in Rota by 8 am.
This is good for me since I am off work at 8am. As long as customes clears
the ship quickly I should be able to go ashore.

The whole crew was dissapointed to learn that our stay would be so short. I
am hoping my luck holds out, I will be one of only 2 or 3 people that will
be off at the right times to go ashore.

The same problem will arise in Cameroon. As far as we know, we will unload
our cargo there and not pick anything up, so in and out real fast there as
well. I have no great desire to see Cameroon again so hopefully someone
else gets a chance to go ashore there.

Our return port in the USA will be the east coast, but the port keeps
changing, so that is still up in the air. Currently it appears we will be
home close to the 17th of Sept., but we will know better after we leave
Cameroon.

Hope all is well back home.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment